Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Duplicate Syncback reports

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
danielkiling

Duplicate Syncback reports

Post by danielkiling »

Currently i have a syncbackfree program running for a friend. They have 11 profiles for backing up data. Each of the sends an email report upon completion. However about 4 days ago there was a weird issue. Every backup starting sending duplicate reports. Now instead of 11 backups my friend reports 21 results. I upgraded him to the newest version on the site V8 from the V7 he was on still happening. I also saw that all the backups in the scheduled section have what seams to be duplicate runs, not sure if this is just how it normally displays, never noticed it before.

If anyone needs more info to diagnose this give me a shout.

Thanks in advance!
danielkiling

Re: Duplicate Syncback reports

Post by danielkiling »

Anyone know about this??
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

It's not clear what you mean by
the scheduled section
and you didn't provide a screenshot. It's not normally possible to view more than one Schedule at a time from the SB UI, and certainly not 'more than one per profile'. Are you referring to the Windows Task Scheduler's own interface?

Nor is it clear what might have caused this, but it might be a recent Windows 10 Update if your user is running Win10 (you didn't say)? Recent Win10 Updates have been messing with the Windows Task Scheduler ( a lot...) without documenting it, but frequently breaking things...

But it does seem as though you are currently Scheduling all the profiles individually, whereas things would likely be less complex all around if you used a Group (create New Profile, give a unique Name, check 'This is a group profile', click Next, then add all the other profiles to it in the order you want them to run. Do NOT click the 'parallel' option in the Group's Modify window (F1 with Group's Modify window open for 'why not') and OK out to save it)

Now, delete all the Schedules you can see from wherever you are viewing them. Now return to the SB main UI, right-click the Group, click Modify, click When and Schedule the Group. Wait overnight and see what happens...if you still get multiple runs per profile, post back with more detail on where you see the (still plural?) schedules, preferably with a screenshot
danielkiling

Post by danielkiling »

Thanks Cliffhanger for your reply.

Apologizes about the lack of screenshot. Yes they are running win10. All the scheduling has been down from within Syncback.I'll attempted the Group work around and will report back if this works or not.
danielkiling

Post by danielkiling »

cliffhanger wrote:It's not clear what you mean by
the scheduled section
and you didn't provide a screenshot. It's not normally possible to view more than one Schedule at a time from the SB UI, and certainly not 'more than one per profile'. Are you referring to the Windows Task Scheduler's own interface?

Nor is it clear what might have caused this, but it might be a recent Windows 10 Update if your user is running Win10 (you didn't say)? Recent Win10 Updates have been messing with the Windows Task Scheduler ( a lot...) without documenting it, but frequently breaking things...

But it does seem as though you are currently Scheduling all the profiles individually, whereas things would likely be less complex all around if you used a Group (create New Profile, give a unique Name, check 'This is a group profile', click Next, then add all the other profiles to it in the order you want them to run. Do NOT click the 'parallel' option in the Group's Modify window (F1 with Group's Modify window open for 'why not') and OK out to save it)

Now, delete all the Schedules you can see from wherever you are viewing them. Now return to the SB main UI, right-click the Group, click Modify, click When and Schedule the Group. Wait overnight and see what happens...if you still get multiple runs per profile, post back with more detail on where you see the (still plural?) schedules, preferably with a screenshot

Yeah looked in task scheduler and saw double tasks for every backup we had. Removed those know and till check tomorrow. Thanks again!
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

If there is an ongoing problem with the Windows Task Scheduler (so that 'just happening' to duplicate all the 2BS Scheduled Tasks (possibly by duplicating the entire custom 2BS/SBF task folder) wasn't a one-off, and it's going to do it again at some point), you might end up with two Group schedules (triggering at the approx same time) instead. I have no idea how to cure that if it happens repeatedly.
danielkiling

Post by danielkiling »

cliffhanger wrote:If there is an ongoing problem with the Windows Task Scheduler (so that 'just happening' to duplicate all the 2BS Scheduled Tasks (possibly by duplicating the entire custom 2BS/SBF task folder) wasn't a one-off, and it's going to do it again at some point), you might end up with two Group schedules (triggering at the approx same time) instead. I have no idea how to cure that if it happens repeatedly.
Cheers bud,

I've removed all the scheduled tasks and am now creating them all with a group profile. Can you add existing profiles to groups or do you have to do this when you first create the profile?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Yes, you can add (or remove) profiles from existing Groups; just Modify the Group (e.g. right-click Group > Modify). With the Group open for Modification, you can press F1 for more info and also switch mode from Easy to Expert (using options top left), where Expert mode reveals more settings you could use & Easy mode shows only the basic ones. Many of the sub-pages for settings have their own Help, so keep that F1 key handy...