Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Network failure to Synology

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Gakusei

Network failure to Synology

Post by Gakusei »

Hello,

I am having a bit of an issue. Getting the back up to work with our Synology has not been successful. Initially the backup failed due to incorrect credentials for the network - this made sense as I did not see the network option at first (user name and pass to the Synology is different than the login to the computer).

Did some reading on the forums, discovered that there is an option to add credentials for shared/network drives. Sweet. So I added those credentials, however when selecting "Test Connection" I get a very odd message that I honestly don't understand.

"Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

Anyone able to explain what this means in layman's terms? It doesn't make sense how the same (single) user can use more than one user name, unless I am totally misunderstanding the message. Also, any tips to try would be awesome as I am new to this program. (On the plus side, I was able to get this to work on a USB drive as a test, which is great!)
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Network failure to Synology

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

This KB article may explain things better:
http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... d-resource

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]