Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Change password

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
aliccam

Change password

Post by aliccam »

I wonder if someone could tell me how a password can be changed within SyncBack Free
if the Windows password has been changed?
I searched everywhere but haven't found a clear answer anywhere.
Thank you.
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Change password

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, change password where in SyncBackFree? Do you mean in a Schedule? If so, there's no way of editing that direct from inside SB (except by deleting & then re-creating the Schedule) - you would need to access the Windows Scheduled Task/s that SB created for you and edit the password there.

Actually changing a password in a Task isn't a clickable option via Windows either - you have to provoke it into asking for the password then supply the new one. Luckily, if you have the new-style Scheduler (Vista-and-later) and you also have multiple Schedules, you should only need to change the password in one of your Tasks; this will propagate to the other Tasks by changing the single centrally-stored copy of your password that modern Windows uses for all a given user's own Scheduled Tasks.
aliccam

Re: Change password

Post by aliccam »

Thanks, cliffhanger, very much.
Well, all this is not exactly straightforward. What a shame.
I suppose it would put people off from changing passwords frequently
which is what they are supposed to do.
All the best.