I have a drive connected to the USB port of my router which I use to backup documents on my PC. This appears as \\NAS in explorer.
There are 2 profiles which I use to make backups onto this drive:
1. C_Documents - this profile backs up the documents in C:\Users\myname\Documents to \\NAS\myname\C_Documents
2. D_Documents - this profile backs up the documents in D:\Users\myname\Documents to \\NAS\myname\D_Documents
Both profiles are set to only copy files that have been modified (essentially the default backup action when creating a profile). C_Documents works as expected. Only files that are modifed are copied and the date-stamps of the files on \\NAS are the same as the source. D_Documents always copies all files. The date-stamps on \\NAS are always set to the date and time that the backup was run.
As far as I can see, both profiles are identical apart from the source and destination folders. I have even tried making a copy of the C_Documents profile and changing the folders to see if I can get it to only copy the modified files but this doesn't seem to work.
What could I be doing wrong with the D_Documents profile?
I'm running Win7 Pro and SyncbackFree version 22.214.171.124. Router is an Archer VR900 (just in case this is important)
Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:
- This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
- If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.
- If you are entitled to technical support then please submit a support ticket. Please do not post the same question to the forum and also via a support ticket. Once again, 2BrightSparks does not provide technical support via this forum.
Profile copies all files to backup drive - why?
SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:31 pm
1 post • Page 1 of 1