Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Files missing from the backup copy

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Graham3196

Files missing from the backup copy

Post by Graham3196 »

I am trying to back up from my hard drive to an external hard drive. Windows 10
The backup appears to work and completes the process in about 14 hours
There seems to be a lot of files missing from the back up
My main original folder contains 393 GB in 106135 files 2695 folders
The backup contains 128GB in 40269 files 1454 folders.

Is there some limit at 128Gb It sounds like a special number

I did a trial with just this main folder and the backup contained 347GB Still a long way from the original 393 Gb so the 128GB it is probably not a limit

All I want to achieve is a backup that gets the dates correct, allows incremental backups and allows a reliable restore.

What might explain the three different answers?

Can I do some sort of file/folder compare program that might make the difference obvious?

Any suggestions?
Thanks Graham