Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Preserving creation date

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
LineAm

Preserving creation date

Post by LineAm »

I am still very new at this and created a backup of a modest folder, then checked if the creation date was preserved. It was not.
So, can someone help and explain which setting I should use to preserve the original creation date? I need this to prove files were created on the original dates.
Thanks in advance! :)
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Preserving creation date

Post by mmullins_98 »

The "Copy File Creation Date & Time" option is located on the "Advanced" tab of the Copy/Delete options however it is only available in SyncBackSE & SyncBackPRO paid versions.
LineAm

Re: Preserving creation date

Post by LineAm »

Thank you for your reply.
Oh, that is a pity. I use the free version, I thought that it was good for that too.
But thanks, that explains why I could not find it. I will consider the SE version, but since I am not sure if I will often use it, I may decide to remove this software altogether. I will give it a go though, thanks!