Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SyncBack free/pro profiles

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
apex2000

SyncBack free/pro profiles

Post by apex2000 »

I have been using SyncBack free for some time now, and I am considering upgrading to SyncBack pro. I have two questions:

1. I have 17 different profiles all backing up at different times on SyncBack free. I seem to remember the exported profiles from SyncBack free are somehow different to the exported profiles from SyncBack pro. Therefore, will I be able to import SyncBack free profiles into SyncBack pro without any issues or not? What issues might there be?

2. In SyncBack pro, is it possible to choose individual files when carrying out a restore? For example, I have one profile that backs up various Microsoft configuration files. If I wanted to restore one individual file from several files/folders in that profile, would that be possible?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: SyncBack free/pro profiles

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

1. Yes, you can import SyncBackFree profiles into SyncBackPro without any issues.

If SyncBackFree profiles are available on the computer where Pro is installed, then those profiles will be auto-imported into Pro when it is first run. So, please do not uninstall SyncBackFree before installing SyncBackPro. Note that Free & Pro are separate products, so they can be installed in parallel. But, do not install the two different versions to the same folder (use the default installation folder). Once the profiles are imported successfully into Pro you can uninstall Free from your computer.

Alternatively, you can export profiles from Free, make a copy of the profiles and import them manually into SyncBackPro. You can refer to Transfer Profiles article for details on exporting and importing your profiles.
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335675

2. Yes, possible. Read this article for details on how to restore a single file from the backup drive:
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335904

Thank you
apex2000

Re: SyncBack free/pro profiles

Post by apex2000 »

Thank you very much for such a detailed answer. I will try this later. =D>