Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup not working

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
mike21

Backup not working

Post by mike21 »

I have set up five backups for five separate folders, including Desktop, to back up on a daily basis. The Desktop backup works but although the program indicates that the others do back up on a daily basis nothing happens. I have checked the set up on several occasions and can find nothing that is different in the four compared with the one that does work - any suggestions?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Backup not working

Post by mmullins_98 »

I don't really think you have given enough details for anyone to help you find the problem.
You might start with indicating what version of SyncBackFree you are running?
How are you starting each backup? Manual? Scheduled?
Where exactly are you seeing "the program indicates that the others do back up"?
How are you determining that the four did not work?
What do the logs show on the one that works and on the four that don't work?
mike21

Re: Backup not working

Post by mike21 »

SyncBackFree V9
Presently all five backups display:
profile name - backup - 07/07/2020 14.58.22 - success - next run 08/07/2020 - source C:\..\ - destination d:\..\ (see screenshot)

At the destination drive the backup of the desktop displays the date 06/07/2020, all the others display the date 02/07/2020, the latter date being the date of the first manual run. I now realise that the desktop backup is also not working properly as the date should be 07/ - I have just done a manual/forced backup of desktop and it still displays yesterday's date.
Attachments
SyncBackupFree V9.JPG
SyncBackupFree V9.JPG (60.42 KiB) Viewed 2307 times