Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Mirror profile, folders still empty

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
waynrayn

Mirror profile, folders still empty

Post by waynrayn »

Hi There:

I wish to run mirror profiles, for each of my major data folders (My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos, etc.).

I have set up mirror profiles in SyncBack Free. I expect that everything in my Source folders will be copied into the Destination, anything changed in Source will be changed in Destination, and anything deleted in Source will be deleted in Destination.

However, when I ran the initial Mirror profiles, I checked afterward and a bunch of folders in (Source) My Documents which have files are empty in the corresponding folders in Destination. I have run this several times. The Destination folders are always empty.

Can someone explain to me why this is? Why aren't the existing Source files being copied over?

Do I need to run these as Backup profiles first, and then change the profiles to Mirror?

Thanks,

Wayne
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Mirror profile, folders still empty

Post by mmullins_98 »

I suggest you look closely at "Choose sub-directories and files" and "Change Filter" as I usually find there are some not checked or a filter is wrong.
waynrayn

Post by waynrayn »

Thank you for the suggestion.
smccoy

Post by smccoy »

I am having a similar problem, I think it might be a bug in the program. When I create a new profile, choose mirror, select my documents folder and then run it, less than 1/2 the folders are copied to the new destination.