Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

File & Folder selection not listing all folders

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
smccoy

File & Folder selection not listing all folders

Post by smccoy »

When I am creating a new profile and choose to mirror my "documents" folder to a single compressed file on my external hard drive it only mirrors some of the folders, not all of them. Why would it do this? I want to backup all the folders in my documents folder.

thank you
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: File & Folder selection not listing all folders

Post by mmullins_98 »

I suggest you look closely at "Choose sub-directories and files" and "Change Filter" as I usually find there are some not checked or a filter is wrong.
smccoy

Post by smccoy »

I still can't figure out what the problem is... these are my steps:
New profile - fill out name
Mirror
accepts defaults for source and destination
Source C:\Users\susan\Documents\
Destination F:
Choose sub-directories & files and it doesn't list all of the folders
Filter is defaulting to *

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
houdet

Post by houdet »

Hi, Am having same issue on backup profile. Default filters and destination is folder, Also with Documents folder. Backup only copies about half the data and folder selection only shows what is actually backed up, i.e. not all folders. Was using v9.4, upgraded to 9.5.5 and also tried with 8.6.3 in desperation - all same issue.