Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Cannot split to specific file sizes

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Daddy Pig

Cannot split to specific file sizes

Post by Daddy Pig »

I have searched these forums and the help file and cannot find any information addressing my issue. I have a backup that I have run numerous times and now want to zip and split the backup into several smaller chunks of a specific size. The facility for this seems to be in the program but I cannot get it to "activate" for me. I am running a backup to the same disk the files originally exist on (c: drive), nothing over a network or to a different drive, I click Compression on the left column of the profile setup dialog, then click on compression, then over to the Advanced tab and would like to put in a specific size at the Create multi-part zip file box but the box will not take any input, I cannot change it from zero. Is this feature not available in the free version? Is there more to this step I am not doing? Thanks in advance for any guidance.