Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Profiles Disappears

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Ibr

Profiles Disappears

Post by Ibr »

Hi,

Lately, I am experiencing unusual behavior. My profiles disappear and there is no way I can get them back. Every time I end up creating new profiles with the same results. I have used the free version for years and never had this issue.

Any help in resolving the issue will be appreciated.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Profiles Disappears

Post by mmullins_98 »

Please feel free to add additional information, such as your OS, your version of SyncBackFree, your location of your profiles, do any profiles sync, backup, or mirror the location of your profiles, how often do your profiles disappear, what all happens on your computer since your profiles where last there, do all profiles disappear, how many do disappear.

Without this information I doubt anyone will be able to help you.
gartech

Post by gartech »

I have noticed the same problem using SyncBackFree version 10.2.4.0 (32 bit) on Windows 10. It appears to be a repainting problem because clicking in the panel where the profiles are normally displayed brings them back instantly. The profiles disappear any time I switch to a different window that hides the SyncBackFree window. A simple Alt-Tab (to switch away) and another Alt-Tab (to switch back) causes the profiles to disappear. Sometimes the top-most profile continues to appear and other times, all profiles disappear.

Clicking on the Find option causes a prompt to be displayed over top of the profile list, and thus, the profiles re-appear. The same occurs when the Hamburger menu at the top left is clicked. All of these are typical of a repainting issue.

If the original poster can verify that a click brings them back, and the double Alt-Tab hides them, then we most certainly have the same problem.

If the developer repaints the panel any time it is brought back, it should resolve this problem.

Before I discovered a mouse-click gets the profiles back, I cannot recall if I recreated one of the profiles. After an Alt-Tab to hide the profile list, I tried to recreate one, but it caused the full list to reappear behind the create profile dialog. It did alert me that a profile already existed with the same name.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Windows 10 has a repainting problem on some computers.
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, we've uploaded a beta (V10.2.15.0):

https://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads-beta.html

Please let us know if it resolves the issue. When SyncBack becomes active it will (maybe after a second or two) do a full window repaint (unless it's run unattended). We can't reproduce this issue, but it could be hardware or driver related so we'll not be able to. Thanks!