Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Version 10.1.0.0 is too buggy - How best to revert to version 9.5.45.0?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
1DumSpark
Experienced
Experienced

Version 10.1.0.0 is too buggy - How best to revert to version 9.5.45.0?

Post by 1DumSpark »

It appears that there may be recent quality control issues with SyncBackFree. I don't know if this also applies to SyncBackSE and SyncBackPro.

Version 10.0.24.0 was released with reproducible bugs. It was pulled from the 2BrightSparks website and its existence was purged from the release history (which is not reassuring).

Version 10.1.0.0 was also released with reproducible bugs, which is concerning.

I would like to revert back to version 9.5.45.0 portable, which was the last version that, although it had some problems, seemed to work better.

Where is that version located for download?

If it's not available for download, perhaps you can make it available, as version 10.1.0.0 needs work to fix the bugs and other issues.

Do any steps need to be taken to allow profiles to work in version 9.5.45.0 after they were opened in version 10.1.0.0?
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Version 10.1.0.0 is too buggy - How best to revert to version 9.5.45.0?

Post by mickyj »

Hi, can you email support with the bugs you are referring to? We can't fix them if we don't know what they are and I'm not aware of any bugs in V10 that need fixing. We have just released V10.1.8.0 which has fixes related to the tray icon.
danew2

Post by danew2 »

I am also having trouble. I use W8.1 64bit and SyncbackFree V10.2.14.0 32bit. When Syncback is running cpu use increases and I intermittantly loose control of my mouse. The previous version also caused problems so I would like to revert to an earlier version. Where is find an earlier version?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

I have been using Version V10.2.14.0 (32 bit) on a desktop and on a laptop with Windows 10 64 bit and a laptop with Windows 11 64 bit.
I know of no problems with SyncBackFree.

Maybe you can tell us exactly what your problems are? Like developer Micky said previously "If we don't know what the problems are....".