Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

cannot Export profile Error 503

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
surfing69

cannot Export profile Error 503

Post by surfing69 »

Hello

i have tried to export profiles i have created but every time i try, i see an error message
2021-12-29 (14).png
2021-12-29 (14).png (147.32 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
I have no idea what is going on. I have assumed that if the feature Export Profile was available in the free version then it was active.

please advise
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: cannot Export profile Error 503

Post by mmullins_98 »

Yes manual Export does work in SyncBackFree.

Your error indicates it is trying to open a Zip file which a profile should not be zipped. Have you compressed any folders where SyncBack keeps it's profiles? If not maybe if you would list the exact steps you take when trying to export and try a different profile then it may provide a clue to your problem.
surfing69

Post by surfing69 »

Hello

i simply cannot understand this error message. Each profile contains zipped/compressed folders which Syncback is able to copy to another loacation without a problem.

I see the same error message with every profile in the screen shot above.

I created 2 additional profiles where one only contained images and the other excel files with no zip folders and saw the same error.

when i try and export profile, i select a profile and click on Export profile from the menu bar. I then see the following window

I even read the articles in the knowledge base https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/solutions/articles/43000335873 and https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/solutions/articles/43000335786 but to my knowledge there are no files that are locked or being used by another process. I would have been made aware of this when running the profiles which would have flagged errors.

all I want to do is for Syncback to remember the profiles in case I have to uninstall and reinstall the application.

Thanks
Attachments
2021-12-31.png
2021-12-31.png (190.42 KiB) Viewed 3971 times
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

In your attached screenshot it appears you are not selecting a "Save As" folder. As shown the exported profile is trying to save in the Program Files SyncBackFree folder which you do not have permission to use. Choose a different folder and try again.
surfing69

Post by surfing69 »

You are absolutely right ! The save window does not make this obvious and neither does the help articles.

I think i will raise this issue with the company

thank you !!