Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Difference with local and FTP destination (locked file error)

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
AlanP

Difference with local and FTP destination (locked file error)

Post by AlanP »

I have various profiles set to mirror network shares from a WD MyDrive to a local USB HDD on a Win10 PC. I also mirror to an older WD MyDrive I keep as an emergency fallback. It has temperamental network share performance so I use FTP instead.

If a Word doc is open on the source WD MyDrive, SyncBack successfully copies the file and associated temp file to a local folder destination. If it's an FTP folder destination though, it throws up a log error that the associated temp file is locked and cannot be copied.

I'm using 7.5.19.0 (free) as it seems to provide more FTP options. I can't even find the FTP options in the current version. Have I missed a setting or is it just the way things are with FTP shares/destinations? I suppose I could create a "~" filter to skip the temp file or change to a local source then onto the FTP, but I'm just wondering if this is normal?