Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Files deleted during unattended sync

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Malbone

Files deleted during unattended sync

Post by Malbone »

I have a profile set to sync certain directories on my hard drive to a USB drive. Among its settings, if a file exists on Left but not on Right, the file on Right is deleted if it has not been modified in 31 days.

This profile runs perfectly when Initiate it manually. I have also scheduled it to run unattended. When it runs unattended, EVERY file on Right that has not been modified in 31 days is deleted, even if it exists on Left. This is obviously not what I wanted. I've deleted the run schedule.

Is this normal behavior in an unattended run? Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a bug?

Thanks for your help!
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Files deleted during unattended sync

Post by mmullins_98 »

Well, I don't see the exact wording that you state. The wording states "What to do if a file exists on the Left but not on the Right" then the only option is "Delete File from the Left if it has not been modified in the last XX days". Could be you may be misreading the wording.

Please reread the wording and if you see other than the above then please post a screen shot.