Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Diferences window opens with no differences on some profiles

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
mightyoakbob

Diferences window opens with no differences on some profiles

Post by mightyoakbob »

Hi,
I have several profiles all doing much the same thing, mirror copying to various NAS boxes for backup purposes.
The profiles are simple not complex.

When no differences are found most profiles never open the differences window.
Two of my profiles always open the differences window after a scan even if there is nothing listed as a differnence.

How can I find out why the difference window opens when it's empty?
How can I fix this?

Thank you.

Bob.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Diferences window opens with no differences on some profiles

Post by mmullins_98 »

The differences screen shows empty when due to your filter settings the differences screen is empty.

Modify each offending profile and select "Compare Options" then tick "Do not show the Differences screen if it is empty (due to filter settings)".
mightyoakbob

Post by mightyoakbob »

Thank you for trying to help me.

I have already found that option but all of my profiles have it switched off. Two profiles open the differences window every time even when empty and the other 4 do not and this from the same source disc. What is causing the difference that is what I need to know.

Thank you.

Bob.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

If I understand what you are saying then you need it switched on not off.
Modify each offending profile and select "Compare Options" then tick "Do not show the Differences screen if it is empty (due to filter settings)".