Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Back-up always copies all the files

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Jv78

Back-up always copies all the files

Post by Jv78 »

My backup always copies all the files alle the time, this is timeconsuming, stresses the network and isn't that good for my SSD.

The problem started when I hooked up a new router , an AX5400 in stead of my Archer AC7 with gargoyle on it.

I use a simple back-up profile that has worked before like a charm up until now.
What am I missing?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Back-up always copies all the files

Post by mmullins_98 »

Well, certaintly this is not normal behavior. From the limited information you provided I doubt anyone can guess what is causing your problem. If you will provide some details like: Your OS & version, your destination device type, your network communication type, a screen shot of your profile that shows "Description of this Profile", a screen shot of your Syncback "Differences for profile..." (if it doesn't show personal info) then someone may be able to help.
Thank you
Jv78

Re: Back-up always copies all the files

Post by Jv78 »

My OS:
Editie Windows 11 Home
Versie 21H2
Installatiedatum ‎23/‎10/‎2021
Build van besturingssysteem 22000.675
Ervaring Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.675.0

My destination is a external SSD (samsung) connectd to the router (ax5400). My network connection type is FTP, there are no passwords or usernames since the drive can't be accessed through WAN. It's purely FTP based.
Here's a screenshot of the profile:
https://imgur.com/a/8X4WQRo
And the result
https://imgur.com/VvgTA1z