Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Failed to copy from source: Cannot create folder

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
lynwlms

Failed to copy from source: Cannot create folder

Post by lynwlms »

Hello! I began getting this message a couple weeks ago:
Failed to copy from Source: Cannot create folder.
I would have to manually click run to get the backup done. This went on for about a week. I tried googling message with no sure results. At that time there were a couple odd folders that I saw on the forum someone else had an issue with so I deleted them. They were: SBSE__.5EE, SBSE__.EAQ, SBSE___GV1 and SBSE__.QNV. Backup ran fine for a couple days, then began getting failure message again.
Since backing up my Thunderbird is crucial nightly I created a new folder to backup to (new name, etc). All went well for about a week. Starting a couple days ago I am back to getting failure messages again. Usually every couple days, not every day at all. Once again, when I choose "Run" it backs up fine.
Now let me say, I've been using this program for years and years and never had issues. Once in a while there might be a failure on the backup, but I'd click the Run option, it would run and all would be fine.
A nightly backup is essential! I have 6 folders I back up each night.
Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm at my wits end at this point.
(I do have a copy of the error log if that will help)
Thanks!
Lynn
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Failed to copy from source: Cannot create folder

Post by mmullins_98 »

Usually when a profile fails when it is started by Windows Task Scheduler but runs when started directly then it is a permission problem.
Make sure "Run only when user is logged on" is checked in the Task Scheduler "General" "Security" options that runs the profile.
lynwlms

Post by lynwlms »

Thanks! I'll check that setting right now.
Lynn
lynwlms

Post by lynwlms »

I changed that setting and tried to run backup on TB because it failed this morning. Took longer than normal, then failed. Changed that setting back to "Run whether user is logged on or not". Successful backup. I backup 6 different files nightly and they are all set to logged on or not. The other 5 have always backed up without a problem.