Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Notice - Profile requires your attention before continuing

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Alex1776

Notice - Profile requires your attention before continuing

Post by Alex1776 »

I set up my profile for a mirror back up according to the manual directions. It seems to be OK. Every time I run the profile to backup the USB drive it is associated with I get a notice saying that the profile requires my attention. I have no idea what it is telling me to do, fix, or change. Nothing is indicated as a problem - if Syncback even indicates a problem with a profile. Backup runs and is successful when I click continue. What is this trying to tell me - where and how do I find out what is wrong? I am just making an assumption since the back up is successful that it is a correct and complete backup. I had been using an older version of Syncback. I changed computers and just installed SyncBackFree v10 on Win 10. I never had this happen with the old version. Any help appreciated!
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Notice - Profile requires your attention before continuing

Post by mmullins_98 »

You can disable profile prompts by going to Global Settings and check the box "Disable profile prompt notifications for ALL profiles: If enabled then profile prompts are never shown. This is a quick way to switch off the notifications if you find them distracting"
Alex1776

Post by Alex1776 »

mmullins_98 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:27 am
You can disable profile prompts by going to Global Settings and check the box "Disable profile prompt notifications for ALL profiles: If enabled then profile prompts are never shown. This is a quick way to switch off the notifications if you find them distracting"
It is not so much that the notice is distracting BUT is it telling me there is something wrong? That is my concern - that profile is not set up correctly and it is telling me there is a problem with the profile.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Display a notification when a profile prompts: If enabled (the default), when a profile prompts a Windows Notification will be activated. If you click on the notification then the SyncBackFree window will be brought to the front. A prompt includes displaying the Differences and File Collision windows.