Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Error message during backup

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
jcd-yvelines

Error message during backup

Post by jcd-yvelines »

Hello,
I made a software (under VB.NET) which manages backups between a NAS and 3 PCs by automatically triggering SyncBackFree profiles.
On one of these 3 PCs (and only one), I am having the following issue:
- When "mirroring" NAS to PC, on just a few files, I get the following error in SyncBackFree:
"Failed to copy NAS: Backup failed. Unable to rename temporary file: Cannot copy file (5): Access denied"
- If I restart the same procedure a second time, I still have the same errors.
- But, if I open SyncBackFree in Windows interface and manually launch the same profile (NAS to PC), I get no errors!

So it sure looks like the problem is with my software, but what do you guys think about this issue which is confusing me as I don't have any issues on the other two PCs.
Thank you for your ideas.

Details:
The PC that has the problem is running Windows 10.
SyncBack Version: V10.2.68.0 (32b)
Further clarification:
The other two PCs, which have no problem, are running Windows 11.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonjour,

J’ai réalisé un logiciel (sous VB.NET) qui manage les sauvegardes entre un NAS et 3 PC par déclenchement automatique de profils SyncBackFree.
Sur l’un de ces 3 PC (et un seul), je rencontre le problème suivant :
- Lors d’un « miroir » NAS vers PC, sur quelques fichiers seulement, j’obtiens l’erreur suivante dans SyncBackFree :
« Echec lors de la copie de NAS : La copie de sécurité a échoué. Impossible de renommer le fichier temporaire: Ne peut pas copier le fichier (5): Accès refusé »
- Si je relance une seconde fois la même procédure, j’ai toujours les mêmes erreurs.
- Mais, si j’ouvre SyncBackFree dans l’interface Windows et que je lance manuellement le même profil (NAS vers PC), je n’ai aucune erreur !

Il semble donc bien que le problème provient de mon logiciel, mais que pensez-vous de ce problème qui me laisse perplexe, car je n’ai aucun problème sur les deux autres PC.
Merci pour vos idées.

Précisions :
Le PC qui a le problème est sous Windows 10.
Version SyncBack : V10.2.68.0 (32b)
Autre précision :
Les deux autres PC, qui n’ont pas de problème, sont sous Windows 11.
jcd-yvelines

Re: Error message during backup

Post by jcd-yvelines »

I found the solution.
In fact, it came from the anti-virus (Avast).
1 – SyncBack already had anti-virus permission to write to disk. While my software didn't!
2 – Also, my Avast anti-virus was running in silent mode [-X . So I was not informed of anything! :cry:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
J’ai trouvé la solution.
En fait, cela venait de l’anti-virus (Avast).
1 – SyncBack avait déjà l’autorisation de l’anti-virus pour écrire sur le disque. Tandis que mon logiciel ne l’avait pas !
2 – De plus, mon anti-virus Avast fonctionnait en mode silencieux [-X. Donc je n’étais informé de rien ! :cry: