Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Connecting to Cell Phone

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
asallwey

Connecting to Cell Phone

Post by asallwey »

I've been using this program for a year or 2, love it! I thought I would use it to update the pictures on my cell phone. My system is to copy all the pics to my pc, delete, edit, or organize them, then move some back to the phone.

Is there any way for Synback to see the usb connection of the phone? I can reach other computers on my home network, but it just doesn't see the phone.

Am I out of luck?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Connecting to Cell Phone

Post by mmullins_98 »

Yeah, you are pretty much out of luck using syncbackfree only. With syncbackse or syncbackpro you can use syncback touch to connect to your phone on a usb.
You can however use syncback free to do the compare and sync but not directly to your phone. Just use windows file manager and copy your phone pictures to a folder on your computer and do the edit and use syncbackfree to sync the folder, then copy or move the folder contents back to your phone using windows file manager.
asallwey

Re: Connecting to Cell Phone

Post by asallwey »

Ok, thanks!

I've been doing it using your suggested method. I just thought I might have missed something in the help file. So I will carry on as I've been doing.