Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Setup problem ..

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. It is free to use with SyncBackPro/SE V10 or newer. For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
adrian43

Setup problem ..

Post by adrian43 »

Hi I have installed syncback pro on a desktop pc, I just installed syncback touch on another desktop which is not on the same local network, but i cant seem to figure out how to achieve this, i have tried addind the recommended ports in my router but it still fails to establish a connection to the remote pc, any detailed help will be greatly appreciated
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Setup problem ..

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please read this article for the settings and options that need to be configured when connecting to a remote touch device over the internet:

https://www.2brightsparks.com/resources ... ernet.html

Thank you.
adrian43

Post by adrian43 »

hi what port can I use besides port 8080?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

The default listening port for SyncBack Touch is 8080. If the default port is in use you can change it to any other desired port (of your choice). However, you need to ensure that the new port is not being used by any other application/service running on your remote device. Please refer to this article for the steps to change the default port to a new port number.

https://www.2brightsparks.com/resources ... ernet.html

Thank you.
Marnik

Post by Marnik »

Assuming the default port is being used you can transform it to some other wanted port (of your decision). Nonetheless, you really want to guarantee that the new port isn't being utilized by some other application/administration running on your far off gadget. Kindly allude to this article for the moves toward change the default port to another port number.
Marnik

Post by Marnik »

u select a non-standard asset (SyncBack Touch, FTP, Cloud, Compression, Encryption and so on,) on one side (Source/Destination) then you can choose standard asset (nearby drive or organization way) on the opposite side this is by the inward plan viewpoints. Accordingly, assuming your Source is SyncBack Touch