Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Cannot access my Android smartphone via SyncBack Touch

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. It is free to use with SyncBackPro/SE V10 or newer. For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Malaga

Cannot access my Android smartphone via SyncBack Touch

Post by Malaga »

Hi!

I set up a profile according to the quick start guide for SyncBack Touch. Everything seemed to worked nicely but I cannot access my Android smartphone via SyncBack Touch when I try to select a folder for synchronization within SyncBack Pro. Whenever I do, I get the following error message in a popup window and the only thing I can do is clicking OK to close the window again:

"Scan failed on [/] with error code 13"

I have a SyncBack Pro license and I only have this one SyncBack Touch connection. I am currently running SyncBack Pro V7.6.18.0.

SyncBack Touch is running and is open on my Android smartphone. In the Android app I enabled the SD card but did not change anything else within the settings. I did not set a password.

The strange thing is that my SyncBack Touch is found by SyncBack Pro and the test button confirms that the device has been connected properly (in my German version of SyncBack Pro, it says "Das SyncBack Touch-Gerät RNE-L21 wurde angemeldet.")

My smartphone is a HUAWEI Mate 10 Lite with android version 8.0.0.

How can I solve this problem?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Cannot access my Android smartphone via SyncBack Touch

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Note that the version of SyncBackPro you are using is outdated. Technical support and updates for Pro V7 is officially ended on December 1st 2017. If you wish you can evaluate with Pro V8 version to see if it helps?

If you do not own a copy of SyncBackPro V8 and wish to test its functions, you are welcome to try our fully functional SyncBackPro, which we offer a free 30-day evaluation.

https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe

Do not uninstall and reinstall, or you'll lose your profiles & settings. Just install 'over the top'.

Before you upgrade to SyncBackPro V8, please read the last section of this article (Re: "I am using V5/V6/V7 but would like to try V8....") to backup a copy of your profiles to ensure you have a backup in case of mishaps.

https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335698

If the problem persists with Pro V8 then submit a support zip with debug logs (in English) to [email protected] for investigation. Full instructions are given here:

https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335603

If your Zip is over 20MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum

Thank you.
Malaga

Post by Malaga »

I installed the test version of SynBack Pro V8 on a different computer to leave my original installation of SyncBack Pro untouched because I just want to know first if SyncBack Touch works with my Android smartphone. As far as I know, SynBack Touch is supposed to work with SyncBack Pro V7 just as well even though it is not a supported version any longer.

With SyncBack Pro V8 my smartphone is not even found. So, it makes no sense to submit a support zip with debug logs because I can't reproduce the error I encountered in SyncBack Pro V7.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

1. Click on Find button (under: Modify profile > Expert > SyncBack Touch settings page) and see if the device name is shown correctly in the dropdown list?

2. If not, enter the IP address of the device running SyncBack Touch (instead of the device name) and test the connection. When testing the connection using the IP address, please untick the checkbox "Find and connect to SyncBack Touch device using its name"

If it fails, then send a support ticket to [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you.
Tellypotts

Post by Tellypotts »

Malaga wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Hi!

I set up a profile according to the quick start guide for SyncBack Touch. Everything seemed to worked nicely but I cannot access my Android smartphone via SyncBack Touch when I try to select a folder for synchronization within SyncBack Pro. Whenever I do, I get the following error message in a popup window and the only thing I can do is clicking OK to close the window again:

I have a SyncBack Pro license and I only have this one SyncBack Touch connection. I am currently running SyncBack Pro V7.6.18.0.

SyncBack Touch is running and is open on my Android smartphone. In the Android app I enabled the SD card but did not change anything else within the settings. I did not set a password.

The strange thing is that my SyncBack Touch is found by SyncBack Pro and the test button confirms that the device has been connected properly (in my German version of SyncBack Pro, it says "Das SyncBack Touch-Gerät RNE-L21 wurde angemeldet.")

Something is similar to my syncback app whenever I tried to open it the app start glitching and crashing I have also search a lot on net but I have not found anything yet to solve this issue but I hope you found something which can also helpful me if yes then please share with me thanks in advance.
Tellypotts

Post by Tellypotts »

Tellypotts wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:48 am
Malaga wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Hi!

Something is similar to my syncback app whenever I tried to open it the app start glitching and crashing I have also search a lot on net but I have not found anything yet to solve this issue but I hope you found something which can also helpful me if yes then please share with me thanks in advance.
Hi my problem got solved I have clear the app caches and problem got solved.
JayGuerrero

Post by JayGuerrero »

I also can't access via SyncBack Touch
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please submit a support ticket to [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you