Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Root folder inaccessible on Android using SBT 1.3.16

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. It is free to use with SyncBackPro/SE V10 or newer. For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pawelb

Root folder inaccessible on Android using SBT 1.3.16

Post by pawelb »

I tried to modify my phone mirror profile using SBT 1.3.16 and SyncBack Pro 8.5.122.0 and I noticed I cannot access root folder of the Android device (Samsung S9+ running Android 9). The highest level folder I can see using "Source\Choose Directory" button is "\sdcard\" - when I click ".." in the dialog window I can't enter the root folder of the Android device to get to the SD card. I am sure it worked before...

Now when I enter path "\" as a source and click "Choose Directory" then what I see in the dialog window is "\sdcard" as well.

When I enter path "\storage\" as a source and click "Choose Directory" then I can see paths in a dialog window:
68C1-9E35 <- this is my SD Card
emulated
enc_emulated
self

When I click 68C1-9E35 I can browse the SD Card.
When I click "emulated" or "self" I get "scan failed with error code 13".
When I click "enc_emulated" I get empty directory.
When I click ".." the window goes to the "\sdcard" directory and I can see my phone only...
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Root folder inaccessible on Android using SBT 1.3.16

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

New Android OS versions doesn't allow browsing the root folder of the device for external SD card path.

You can directly enter the SD card path under: Modify profile > Simple > SyncBack Touch path. Alternatively, you can enter \storage\ in the Touch path and click on browse button to access the contents of external SD card. Then select the sub-folder with the external SD card ID (e.g. \storage\68C1-9E35\) as the Touch path to backup files to/from your external SD card. In addition, if you want to write to an external SD card, you should grant access to SyncBack Touch application via Menu > Settings > Misc. > Enable SD Card button.

If you still receive errors, please generate/submit a support zip with debug logs of the profile run to [email protected] for investigation. Full instructions for creating and submitting the support zip are given here:

https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335603

If your Zip is over 20MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.
pawelb

Post by pawelb »

Are you sure this is Android and not the SBT problem? I have third party file managers installed on the phone that can access the root folder and browse whole filesystem (without restricted folders like "data" directories of course - my device is not rooted).

Shouldn't be the same with SBT as it is installed on the phone, too?
pawelb

Post by pawelb »

Hi,
any news on the topic?