Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Touch on QNAP?

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. It is free to use with SyncBackPro/SE V10 or newer. For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
zekeblue
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Touch on QNAP?

Post by zekeblue »

I'm guessing not since I can find no references to NAS in KB or touch forum. Can I use it on a QNAP NAS to be controlled from Windows PC?
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Touch on QNAP?

Post by Kostas »

Is it running Linux? If yes, the requirements for running SyncBack Touch on Linux are: 64-bit Intel Linux - Ubuntu LTS 16.04 and newer, RedHat Enterprise V7 and newer, CentOS 7 and newer.

Some brief instructions on installation:
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... h-on-linux

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
zekeblue
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by zekeblue »

Well, it's running QNAP's OS, QTS, based on Linux:
https://www.qnap.com/en-us/qts4/con_sho ... wone&cid=1
zekeblue
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by zekeblue »

Hi Kostas, I didn't realize you were with SB. I'll post here, in case anyone is looking, that SB Touch does run on QTS, yay!
zekeblue
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by zekeblue »

Another question for anyone who knows:

When selecting files/folders in a profile, there is a drop down for source, destination, or both. What happens if I choose either of the latter two? It doesn't make sense to me.
Gone2AnotherPlane

Post by Gone2AnotherPlane »

zekeblue wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:59 pm
Hi Kostas, I didn't realize you were with SB. I'll post here, in case anyone is looking, that SB Touch does run on QTS, yay!
Hi,
I would be interested in knowing how to proceed to install SyncBack Touch on a QNAP Nas. Can you please share your experience?
Is there a QPKG file to manually install through QTS App Center?
Does one need to install Ubuntu Linux Station first?

Thanks in advance!
Rhor

Post by Rhor »

zekeblue wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:59 pm
Hello.
Would it be possible for you to share the way you installed it on your Qnap NAS?