Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Renaming files, RAR extraction?

An area of the forum to post ideas for new products or discuss things that are not related to 2BrightSparks products
rrpei

Renaming files, RAR extraction?

Post by rrpei »

I've just created a profile which will keep a server directory and a local directory on my PC in sync, the profile will only contain database backups stored as RAR files.

What I'd now like to do is extract the most recent RAR file in the directory, and rename the resulting .bak file to remove the datestamp it has i.e. backup.bak rather than backup_230112.bak, for easier restore.

Can anyone think of any clever ways I can do this? I'm not expecting it to be possible within SyncBack but I thought some of you guys might have some thoughts on this.

I should add now that I'm not experienced at writing batch files, although that's the solution that springs to mind.

Thanks!
rrpei

Re: Renaming files, RAR extraction?

Post by rrpei »

If anyone's interested you can rename the files within the rar before extracting it by using WinRAR's command line tools. Useful!
Mcclain

Re: Renaming files, RAR extraction?

Post by Mcclain »

I can't find this option in the tools! Maybe I'm blind? :) Could you please specify the location?