Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Profile status in main window

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
RS3100

Profile status in main window

Post by RS3100 »

I have a number of profiles which are set to run daily via Windows scheduled tasks.

With V6, if the SyncBack Pro main window was either open at the time any of the scheduled profiles started, or was opened whilst a profile was running, I got an indication of the profile status and progress via the fields at the bottom of the SyncBack main window.

In V7, these fields remain blank unless I click on the profile that is currently running, or start a profile directly from the main window. With a group profile running from task scheduler, I can get a live status report by clicking on the current running profile, but when that profile has finished, and the next profile in the group list starts, the status bar remains blank for that and any other remaining profiles in the group unless I physically click on each in turn as they are running.

The status area and progress bar only seem to work with profiles explicitly started from within the Syncback main window.

Would it be possible to revert to the V6 behaviour please?
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Profile status in main window

Post by mickyj »

Hi, actually, in V6, you could not see the progress of a profile being run in another instance (process) of SyncBack. So if you had a profile run from a schedule then you could not see the progress of the profile unless you had access to the process that was running the profile. In your case, the only possible way you could have seen the progress of a profile started on a schedule was if SyncBack was being run by the scheduler while you were logged in and you opened that very same SyncBack process to see.

Now in V7 you can now see the progress of a profile being run no matter what process it is running in. So what you are seeing are profiles that are being run in another process. That was not possible in V6.

So in terms of displaying the progress V7 works exactly the same as V6 except you can now also see the progress of profiles run elsewhere (e.g. via the scheduler), which you could not do in V6. If a profile is being run in another process then the profile name will be in italics.

So there's nothing to revert as V7 shows the progress of running profiles just as it did in V6. What you are seeing are profiles run in another process, which you could not see in V6.
Swifty

Post by Swifty »

I've had to resort to this forum to discover the significance of a profile showing in italics.
Hopefully that will find its way into the online help.
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, it will be for the next release, thanks.