Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SBF don't see subfolder in a folder "Onedrive"

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
YC123

SBF don't see subfolder in a folder "Onedrive"

Post by YC123 »

Hi, I am under Windows 10 1709 (64 bits) and SyncbackFree V.8.5.27.0 (32 bits)
I am trying to create a new profile to mirroring a subfolder of my local Onedrive folder to another folder on my computer :
Source : E:\Onedrive\Documents\Ada
Target : E:\Backup\Ada

to make manually a backup of this folder.

But the problem is SBF do not see the folders under E:\Onedrive\Documents\Ada but only the files (in the windows "select files and folders).
So, SBF copy only the few files witch are in E:\Onedrive\Documents\Ada and not the subfolders.

Why ?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: SBF don't see subfolder in a folder "Onedrive"

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, are you expecting the folders (the partial sub-path) ...\Onedrive\Documents\... to be created on (as part of) your Destination path? That won't happen automatically, but you could specify it manually if you wanted to, thus you could change your config to

Source : E:\Onedrive\Documents\Ada\
Target : E:\Backup\Onedrive\Documents\Ada\

and if you did, SB would create the \OneDrive\ folder and the \Documents\ folder on (in) the Destination for you. Such interim folders will be empty except for one entry, i.e. the next subfolder/path-component (it won't copy any other contents of \OneDrive\ folder- only the \Documents\ folder-entry - and so on...)

But it doesn't happen automatically because some users may not want all/most of the Source path to be re-created (or 'incorporated') in the path on the Destination device/resource. There is more background here, including an example (re flash/USB drives) why you might not want to have to navigate a mainly-empty path to get to your data.
YC123

Post by YC123 »

This is not the problem I has explained.

I said that SBF don't copy any folder UNDER the folder ADA.

For example : if there is in the source a folder named

E:\Onedrive\Documents\Ada\Folder_A

SBF don't see it (the Folder_A). So, it does not copy it on the target : E:\Backup\Ada neither under the folder E:\Backup\Onedrive\Documents\Ada\ for your example.

No FOLDER below ADA is detected by SBF ! Only the files.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

The problem is due to the new OneDrive changes in the Windows 10 Fall creators update. Please un-tick the option "Ignore NTFS junction points (reparse points)" from:

Modify profile > Expert > Compare Options > Attribute settings page

and see if it helps?

Thank you.
YC123

Post by YC123 »

YES !

Without this option, it's OK... SBF can see ALL the folders below the source point in Onedrive tree.
I has to do this with each profile that use Onedrive, but it's good !

Thanks you very much. =D>
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, glad to hear it is solved and apologies for any confusion I caused :oops: . For some reason your original description did not 'click' with me, but your 2nd description did (and of course, now the 1st one does too #-o )
YC123

Post by YC123 »

Perhaps I am french (Bordeaux) and I try to write english as well as possible ! ;)
MRotta

Post by MRotta »

Dear all.

The untick suggestion above fixed my OneDrive issues starting with Windows 1709 (Creators update). However, now I'm getting errors for all the local "My Documents" folders. If I revert the untick, it works.

The error goes like:

Code: Select all

05/04/2018 22:13:24
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Minhas Músicas\
Erro: Exame falhou (5): Acesso negado
The error message is in portuguese, but it reads as "Exame failed (5): Access Denied". I've searched the forum and documentation. Any clue here?

Also, the profile is much slowed (2-3x) with the option unticked. Is that normal?

Regards.
MRotta

Post by MRotta »

MRotta wrote:[...] Also, the profile is much slowed (2-3x) with the option unticked. Is that normal?
Just an amendment here: it's not 2-3x slower, but maybe 10-15x slower. I have around 40.000 files in OneDrive folders, and the check process would usually take 2 minutes. Now, it's taking more than 20 minutes.

Regards.
OPunWide

Post by OPunWide »

I am having the same problem of sync not seeing subdirectories (Win 10, 64) on what used to be a working configuration.

I checked the suggested NTFS setting, and it was already checked. I unchecked it and rechecked and resaved the profile with no effect. I also updated to the latest version of SyncBack.

Before I came to the forum I (of course) tried to fix it on my own. I tried 'clean up' and was surprised to see that it removed the subdirectories that were listed.

The folders are listed in the dialog for selecting the source. I also tried changing the source path. Instead of using the "OneDrive" location, I changed it to an absolute path (C:\Users\Paul\OneDrive\iPhone\Pictures\) but that also had no effect.

I was really glad to see others were having this problem because when I discovered it I was afraid to try to sync anything else. At least I feel better about doing that.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please un-tick the "Ignore NTFS junction points (reparse points)" option from:

save the profile and see if it helps?

Thank you.
OPunWide

Post by OPunWide »

Yeah, that did it. My mistake when I read your earlier instruction I made sure it was checked. Thanks.
Swapna wrote:Please un-tick the "Ignore NTFS junction points (reparse points)" option from:

save the profile and see if it helps?
MRotta

Post by MRotta »

Hi Swapna.

Any clue on the access denied error I'm getting or the 10x slower running comparison of file? Are those expected?

Thanks.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

For Access denied errors, please refer to this forum post:

viewtopic.php?t=10310

Regarding the slow scanning/comparison issue - can you please submit a support zip with debug logs of the scan phase with the option ‘Ignore NTFS junction points (reparse points)’ enabled/disabled separately for investigation. To do this, enable 'Output debug information' from Preferences menu and run the profile in manual mode (ctrl + R). When the Differences Window is displayed abort the profile run and submit the support zip as per the instructions given here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... ation-file

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.
MRotta

Post by MRotta »

Thanks Swapna. I've just generated and sent both logs as a ticket.
Regards.