Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Amazon Cloud Drive - Keeps copying same files over

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Dixit

Amazon Cloud Drive - Keeps copying same files over

Post by Dixit »

Ive had this profile running for at least a year and no issue, I have it email me a log after the sync each time it runs (daily). Lately now for past week or so, its been taking a long time to run and upon further investigation I noticed that it keeps copying my ENTIRE library of pictures (which is all I sync) over and over. Every time it runs, it keeps copying the entire lot of 41gig of pictures. I dont get why? Again nothing has changed on Amazon Cloud Drive side, I rarely access that, its mainly for backup. Server side nothing changed, once in a few days or so I add some more pictures to my server, but it should only copy whats changed which is what it did previously.

Not understanding why all the sudden it keeps doing this now. I tried to delete the DB for the Amazon Cloud Drive profile and try again and in simulation still shows it wants to copy the entire 41gig of pictures. Did something change on the Amazon Cloud Drive side that is affecting this?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive - Keeps copying same files over

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please submit a support zip with debug logs of the scan phase to [email protected] for further investigation. To do this, enable 'Output debug information' from Preferences menu and run the profile in manual mode (ctrl + R). When the Differences Window is displayed abort the profile run and submit the support zip as per the instructions given here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... les/213970

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.
Dixit

Post by Dixit »

The issue I dont believe needs a log file. Amazon Cloud drive seems to report the date modified as the moment it was originally uploaded to the cloud, not the date which is on my local machine, therefore it shows as newer date and because MIRROR is chosen, it causes it to re-copy that file.

Only way I was able to get around this was to go to the COMPARE OPTIONS then DATE & TIME option and check the "Do note replace newer files with older files".
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Yes, Amazon drive does not allow the last modification date & time of a file to be changed, which our program uses as one of methods to detect file differences on both sides. Thus, SyncBackPro creates a local database to store the details of the files that cannot be stored on the cloud service, so that in the next profile run it uses the cloud database to detect file differences and copies only new/changed files from Source to Amazon Drive. However, if you notice that SyncBackPro is copying all files again then we need a support zip with debug logs for investigation.

Thank you.
rstark18

Post by rstark18 »

This exact same thing is happening to me. My entire photos folder (about 20gb) gets re-copied everyday. Should I open a support ticket?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please submit a support zip with debug logs of the profile run to [email protected] for investigation.

Thank you.
rstark18

Post by rstark18 »

Swapna wrote:Hi,

Please submit a support zip with debug logs of the profile run to [email protected] for investigation.

Thank you.
Done. Thx.