Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Shutdown does not work when Windows is locked

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
andiherbst

Shutdown does not work when Windows is locked

Post by andiherbst »

Hi!

Following the documentation, I run my profiles using a shortcut specifying the -m and -shutdown switches to shutdown the computer after the profile has finished. This works perfectly when Windows 10 is NOT locked, however when locking the system via Windows-Button+L or via group policies timeout, the computer does not shut down. In the Event Viewer under the category System there is the entry that the shutdown was initiated on behalf of the process SyncBackPro.exe. However it obviously did not succeed.

I read all the relevant knowledge base entries, but I could't solve my problem.

How can I automatically shutdown my computer after the profile has finished AND the computer is locked? Locking the computer is a critical security requirement - so I cannot just leave it unlocked.

System: Windows 10 Pro, v10.0.17134 Build 17134
SyncBackPro: V8.5.90.0 x64
Privilege Level of SyncBackPro: Administrator

Many thanks for your help!
Best,
Andi
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Shutdown does not work when Windows is locked

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

I can't reproduce your issue. Can you please export (select the profile from SyncBackPro main-window > right click > select Export Profile from the pop-up menu) and send your profile configuration to [email protected] to verify your settings?

Thank you
Slice

Post by Slice »

I have this issue If I lock the computer. When I run a profile manually, I choose the option Shutdown the computer when all the profiles have finished, then lock the computer. The profile or profiles finish, then Syncback window just sits there.
However if I come back, unlock, close syncback voila now it shuts down imediatelty after. Not sure if it's sync back that will not shut, or a glitch in shutdown command from syncback.
Slice

Post by Slice »

SyncBack Pro V8.5.115.0 (and earlier versions same).
Windows 10 Pro 64
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

I will pass this on to our development department for further investigation.

Thank you.