Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup to Google Drive Strategies???

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Tyree
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Backup to Google Drive Strategies???

Post by Tyree »

I've been backing up to Google Drive for a bit and it works okay for the most part.

My problem is some profiles take FOREVER to run. I am now cancelling a profile that has been running for almost 6 days and all it's done is "retrieve delta items." It hasn't even begun to backup the data, and most of the data should already be there, it just has to sync a few files. It just takes forever to do the comparison. And consequently, any other profiles in the group are being aborted because this one is still running.
The data in this profile totals 73GB, which, as I said, 99% of it is already uploaded.

So, is there a way to just have the source supersede anything that has happened on the destination? So, it doesn't even compare. It just looks at what has changed locally and makes sure those changes are uploaded to the destination.

I need an overall better way to do these offsite backups. This isn't working. :-/

Thanks!
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Backup to Google Drive Strategies???

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, but Fast Backup option is not available with Google Drive. The reason for this is explained here:

viewtopic.php?t=11444

So, can you please enable the option 'Do not use the delta API' (to disable the use of delta API) under:

Modify > Expert > cloud > Advanced page

and rerun the profile run to see if it helps?

Thank you.
Tyree
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Tyree »

Sure. I'll try that next. Here's the current progress with the API enabled:
progress.PNG
progress.PNG (2.68 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
That's with a 1Gbps/50Mbps connection.
Tyree
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Tyree »

So, I tried it again with the API disabled. Apparently, it completed in 4 hours. Still a long time, but MUCH better than the 2+days with the API.
final.PNG
final.PNG (10.57 KiB) Viewed 4712 times

BUT, when it ran again as a scheduled profile, it seems to go back to using the API:
progress2.PNG
progress2.PNG (2.51 KiB) Viewed 4712 times

Any idea why it would to that?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please generate/submit a support zip with debug logs of the scan phase to [email protected] for further investigation. To do this, enable 'Output debug information' from Preferences menu and run the profile in manual mode (ctrl + R). When the Differences Window is displayed abort the profile run and submit the support zip as per the instructions given here:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... les/213970

If your Zip is over 30MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you