Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

No exit at end of profile

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
LaryW
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

No exit at end of profile

Post by LaryW »

I have a shortcut/command line I can run from my desktop (Windows 10) that runs a synchronize profile. It opens for me to review before proceeding
and then after completion it exits. I'd like to keep it SyncBackPro running minimized as there is no need to take the time to exit as I may want to run another profile later.

Is there a parameter I can use in the shortcut that will just minimize rather than exit?
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: No exit at end of profile

Post by cliffhanger »

Help > Search > 'command' > first hit > select/switch to hit > scroll down >

-donotexit: By default SyncBack will automatically exit after performing the tasks given on the command line (that is unless the user interface is used while performing those tasks). To stop it exiting use this parameter.

I assume this should be the last switch on the command line. It is not clear why the fact you interact with the GUI does not stop the exit anyway (see expl text above from Help) but it may be a special case if using -i or -n

If it doesn't work, I suggest you raise a support ticket
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

read "it may be a special case if already using -i or -n"
LaryW
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by LaryW »

Thanks. I don't know how I missed the -donotexit in the help file.

I should have said I use the -i parameter in my post.