Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Scheduled run not writing to browser

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
GracieAllen

Scheduled run not writing to browser

Post by GracieAllen »

I'm sure this is something dumb, but...

Syncback free is scheduled to run every morning at 1 a.m. Every time I set the schedule up, I let it pick the current date, set the time to 1 a.m., leave Recur every to 1 days.
In Repeating, I check Run this profile every and leave it at 1 days and check "indefinitely".

I always get the warning "The schedule is set to repeat for longer than it recurs. Are you sure you want to continue?"

I always tell it yes, and a task gets created in the task manager.

And I THINK it runs at 1 a.m. All of which is fine as near as I can tell...

But SOMETHING has changed:
When the task manager runs it, and an error occurs in one of the backups, it APPEARS that nothing is getting sent to the browser to let me know there was a problem... If I run it INTERACTIVELY, errors DO get sent to the browser.
I KNOW there's at least one error 'cause I have a backup that tries to write to a disk that isn't always in the system. And when it's NOT, and I run it interactively, I get an error in the browser. But when it runs on schedule I get NOTHING...

Other than blowing away the schedule that's been working for a long time, and creating a new one, I haven't changed ANYTHING. I even went into the task scheduler and blew away everything up to and including the 2BrightSparks folder, then created the schedule again. NO change...

SO, how come I'm not getting error messages in the browser any more? What changed that I'm not aware of?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Scheduled run not writing to browser

Post by Swapna »

Hi,
I always get the warning "The schedule is set to repeat for longer than it recurs. Are you sure you want to continue?"
The warning message appeared as you have scheduled the profile to run forever or repeat the profile run longer than it recurs. If you want to run the profile once every day then please un-tick the option 'Run this profile every' under:

Modify > When > Edit Schedule > Repeating tab

Repeat interval is only needed if you want to run the profile several times throughout the day. Also, please do not enable 'Indefinitely' option under:

When > Edit Schedule > Repeating tab

because this can sometimes cause instability in the Windows Task Scheduler with a cascade of task building up in the Task Scheduler. Therefore, please disable it.
When the task manager runs it, and an error occurs in one of the backups, it APPEARS that nothing is getting sent to the browser to let me know there was a problem... If I run it INTERACTIVELY, errors DO get sent to the browser.
Can you please clarify the version of Windows you are using? Is it Windows 10?

If yes, then it is due to the new security changes introduced in Windows 10. In Windows 10 a schedule task is run in session-0 which is different from the user logged-on session (unless the task is set to run only when logged on), thus it’s not possible for a schedule task to run interactively with the user and display the log file.

However, if the schedule the task is configured to "Run only when user is logged on" (under: When > Edit Schedule > Security tab), then the log file will be opened in the browser after the profile run.

Thank you.
Carrie20

Error message - schedule set to repeat for longer than it recurs

Post by Carrie20 »

Dear All
Someone else set the schedule up for me who I can no longer get in contact with. I have a Monthly schedule set up for Day 1,5, Last of every month.
I thought it'd be simple to change the days on which the backup runs. However, when I try and change the days to add day 15 to this, I get the message: 'Schedule set to repeat for longer than it recurs. Are you sure you want to continue.' I don't know what this means when all I'm doing is adding another day it runs on, nor the ramifications if I say OK to this. I read the answer to an associated query which was generating the same error message for a different reason, but didn't understand the response and can't find anything under this in the online Help menu.
I'm running in Windows 10 on a PC.
It's also set up to run whether the user is logged on or not, repeating every 1 day, Indefinitely
Other settings selected: Wake the computer up to run the profile; Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed;

I'd be grateful if someone could advise me on this.
Many thanks indeed