Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

OneDrive integration failing due to deprecated API

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
dchitwood3

OneDrive integration failing due to deprecated API

Post by dchitwood3 »

I'm running SyncBackPro v7.12.12.0 on Windows 10 64-bit. I've had it configured for sometime to backup a local drive to my Microsoft OneDrive. The last successful run was on 1/5/2019. The run from 1/12/2019 failed with the following error:

Failed to prepare OneDrive : api_deprecated: This API is no longer supported. Please see https://aka.ms/livesdkmigration for information about migrating your application to Microsoft Graph.

It seems that Microsoft blocked the API being used by this version of the software. The Microsoft site referenced indicates that the was to stop working on 11/1/2018. So, I'm glad they didn't immediately pull it but it appears to be down now.

I have 2 questions:
1) Any chance that 2BrightSparks patched v7 before ending support? If so, is there a download site?
2) If I need to buy a new version, does the latest version of SyncBackPro v8 support the new API?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: OneDrive integration failing due to deprecated API

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You need to use the new OneDrive's API supported in SyncBackPro V8 to resolve your issue. Please submit a support ticket to [email protected] for the instructions to change your profile configuration to new OneDrive's API.

Thank you.
dchitwood3

Re: OneDrive integration failing due to deprecated API

Post by dchitwood3 »

Thanks Swapna. Based upon that reply, I'm assuming that v7 is now useless for talking with the OneDrive cloud now but it does work with v8.