Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Suggestions for new release

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Suggestions for new release

Post by bhenshaw »

I have some suggestions for version 9.

1. Please bring back the regular drop down menus. If you have to keep the ribbon menu at the top, please also have the drop down menus. Many software programs have both. Along with this please have an option to hide the ribbon menu.
2. If you have to keep the ribbon menu and no drop down menus at the top, please make the icons smaller. They are huge and take up way too much room. Make them the same size as the icons at the bottom of version 8. If people want different size icons, offer a small set and a large set. I have several programs that do this.
3. Please bring back the Preferences option in the menu.
4. Please remove all the white space between profiles in the list. In version 8 I can see all 39 of my entries in the list. In version 9 I can only see 22 entries in the list with the window being the same size.
5. In the button panel on the bottom, make the icons smaller. They are huge and take up way too much room. Make them the same size as the icons at the bottom of version 8. If people want different size icons, offer a small set and a large set. I have several programs that do this.
6. Use a smaller font on the profile list. If people want different size fonts offer more than one choice. I have a 23" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution and I can't see all my info across the screen. In version 8 I can see it all just fine.
7. Enable the global setting to "change the tray icon if any profiles have failed". Why is it grayed out?

Thanks,
Bill
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Suggestions for new release

Post by mickyj »

Hi Bill, appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on the new interface.

1. We'll look at this, but please note it may take a while as it's not a small change. I also cannot guarantee that it's possible.

2. This is something we will be doing.

3. The preferences menu is there. Click the burger menu (the three lines) at the top-left of the window.

4. We'll take a look at that. I think some of this is because the font is larger. A constant complaint we had with V8 and older was that the fonts were too small. We made them bigger and now we get complaints they're too big :)

5. This is something we will be doing.

6. We'll take a look at that.

7. I'm not sure why it is grayed out for you as there is no code to grey it out. Can you submit a support ticket with screenshot and details?

Thanks!
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

mickyj wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:33 am
1. We'll look at this, but please note it may take a while as it's not a small change. I also cannot guarantee that it's possible.
2. This is something we will be doing.
3. The preferences menu is there. Click the burger menu (the three lines) at the top-left of the window.
4. We'll take a look at that. I think some of this is because the font is larger. A constant complaint we had with V8 and older was that the fonts were too small. We made them bigger and now we get complaints they're too big :)
5. This is something we will be doing.
6. We'll take a look at that.
7. I'm not sure why it is grayed out for you as there is no code to grey it out. Can you submit a support ticket with screenshot and details?
Thanks for getting back to me. I know it is impossible to please everyone, that is why I suggested offering more than one font and more than one icon size. As I mentioned I have several software programs that do each. A couple of follow ups...

1. Many programs offer both including even MS Office.
3. Just seems a bit hidden to me. Seems more obvious to be in the toolbar as it used to be.
7. I will submit a support ticket.

I appreciate that you are willing to consider everyone's feedback. i really hope something can be done. The old version was so professional looking which was appropriate for a utility program. Sorry to say it but the new version looks a bit cartoonish. :-)

Thanks,
Bill
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, forgot to mention we released V9.0.1.1 yesterday. Not sure if you've tried it. It doesn't directly address your suggestions but does improve loads times etc. Thanks.
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

Oops... I forgot to mention that. I am running 9.0.1.1. All of my comments refer to 9.0.1.1. I have not used the new version extensively so have not reported back on any load time or slowness problems. I'll keep these in mind as I use it more. So far I have not noticed any problem.

Thanks!
Bill
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

mickyj wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:33 am

Thanks!
@mickyj

I created a support ticket, but since I am using SyncBack Free v9 when experiencing these grayed out option, Swapna said I can't use the support system so I created a new topic in the SyncBack Free forum addressing this particular issue.

Thanks
Bill
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi Bill, please tell Swapna that Mick told you to submit a support ticket for this issue. I'll also tell her. Thanks!
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Sorry, just realized that option is not available in the freeware version.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi SyncBack'ers

Yet another ( old hat ) who prefers the UI of V8 for its compactness.
To resolve the UI preferences of everyone, and to keep the functionality of V9, Please Please Please can you let us have a simple SKIN interface.

Thanks, Shaun
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

@mickyj

Thanks to everyone at 2BrightSparks for making the changes in version 9.0.4.1. This really makes the new interface a lot better. I really appreciate the effort. The changes were enough to convince me to go ahead and pay for an upgrade from V8 to V9.

Thanks,
Bill
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi Bill, thanks!