Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Failed to prepare Destination : The drive %: does not exist

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Failed to prepare Destination : The drive %: does not exist

Post by bhenshaw »

I am getting this error in SyncBack Free 9.0.1.1. The same profile works fine in SyncBack SE 8.6.7.6.

The drive label is for an external hard drive. The label on the hard drive is "My Book" without the quotes.

The destination is defined as "%Label=My Book%\Dell XPS 8930\AppData\Local\2BrightSparks\" without the quotes.

I exported the profile from SyncBack SE v8 and imported it into SyncBack Free v9. After the failure I went back to SyncBack SE v8 and it worked fine. No changes were made to the profile after importing into SyncBack Free v9.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Failed to prepare Destination : The drive %: does not exist

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

The profile run failed as %LABEL% and %SERIAL% variables are not supported in Free version. If you wish you can test with SE/Pro V9 version. Please read SyncBackFree help file > Technical References > Variables page for the list of variables supported in Free version.

Thank you.
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

Again, i didn't realize there were so may differences between Free and SE. I am using an external hard drive which is not plugged in all the time. When I do plug it in the drive letter is not always the same. For that reason I used the label to identify it in SE. Is there any variable that is available in Free that I can use to identify the drive? It is hard in the help to bounce back and forth between the list of all labels and the list of labels not available in Free.

Thanks,
Bill
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, not supported. Only SyncBackPro/SE versions support special variables (%SERIAL=, %SERIALALL=, %LABEL=, %LABELALL=) to identify drives based on their label or serial number.

Thank you
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

Ok...thanks for the info.
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

Should this option be taken off the menu for Free or marked as (Pro or SE only)?

Thanks,
Bill
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

We will look into it.

Thank you.