Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SyncBackPro V9 - New UI Problem: Main Window is HUGE! Takes up too much screen real estate!

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
JTB3

SyncBackPro V9 - New UI Problem: Main Window is HUGE! Takes up too much screen real estate!

Post by JTB3 »

Hello, I just upgraded to V9 and I'm writing to complain about the new UI. It takes up WAY TOO MUCH Screen real estate space to show the same number of profiles (as compared to the prior version 8) ALMOST DOUBLE The HEIGHT + EXTRA WIDTH!

On my smaller laptop LCD, I now need to dramatically SCROLL the profile window whereas before all my profile fit easily in the main window!

Suggestions to Resolve this:
1) Please provide a compact mode option (that resembles the density/spacing of the Windows File Explorer), AND
2) Make the new giant Top/Bottom Buttons SMALLER (or at least provide an option for smaller buttons), AND
3) Allow the entire Top Tool/Button Bar to be pinned/hidden.

The present state of the new UI is such a disappointment to me, that I'm considering downgrading back to V8.
Is it possible to get a refund?

Thanks in advance for listening and your reply, -JT :(
JTB3

Re: SyncBackPro V9 - New UI Problem: Main Window is HUGE! Takes up too much screen real estate!

Post by JTB3 »

frostyofthenorth wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:08 pm
Agreed. See viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13874.
Thx frosty! I'll amplify my thoughts on that post as well! 8)
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: SyncBackPro V9 - New UI Problem: Main Window is HUGE! Takes up too much screen real estate!

Post by mickyj »

Hi, we'll be releasing an update to V9 very soon that reduces the size of everything (buttons, windows, etc). Hopefully it will look about the same size as V8 on your laptop. Thanks.
frostyofthenorth
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by frostyofthenorth »

mickyj wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:53 pm
Hi, we'll be releasing an update to V9 very soon that reduces the size of everything (buttons, windows, etc). Hopefully it will look about the same size as V8 on your laptop. Thanks.
Great to hear. Thank you.