Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

V9.0.4.1 released

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

V9.0.4.1 released

Post by mickyj »

For details see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13902
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: V9.0.4.1 released

Post by mmullins_98 »

Greatly appreciated!! Take an extra day off plus the weekend.
ronraine

Post by ronraine »

Nice to see the familiar concise layout screen back - didn't care much for the 9.0.1.1 version
7chervet

Post by 7chervet »

1/ when tools bar is set at the top, surprisingly, it appears above the icons of the main menu : it is quite strange. The tools bar should be better under the icons of the menu. Ergonomically, you wait for the icons to appear just under the menu bar when you click. As the icons are now of a reasonable size, it would be great to give the ability to let them shown with a "v" button at the right of the menu line (as in Microsoft Office)
Hi, first, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. I'm not sure I follow about the icons. The icons appear below the main menu. Can you post a screenshot?
2a/ The « tab » part of the menu is hidden. You need to click twice to activate the filtering options (show or hide some files). It would be great to give the ability to let this tab part shown or hidden like in Microsoft Office with its pin option (the "v" button on the right of the menu line)
We are considering having a "sticky" option so that the toolbar is always shown, as it was in the original V9.
2b/ There is no way to totally hide the detail panel. Even if you slide it totally, it remains a little part. As the list is widely sufficient, it would be great to add the ability to hide it (in the same way as in suggestion 1 ou 2a for instance)
Will take a look.

Thanks
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

A problem that I have noticed that I'm not sure if it was in prior releases or not. When exporting a profile into a shared folder the .sps files do not inherit the share. Example: Folder is shared with Everyone and all .sps files would be expected to also show shared with Everyone but they don't. Perhaps this is per design for security reasons but it prevents SBF being run on another shared computer from accessing these files. What do you think?
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, we don't change any file permissions etc. for exported profiles, so this really is up to how you've configured the folder in Windows.
7chervet

Post by 7chervet »

Thanks for your reply. I hope these screenshots will explain the item 1/in my previous post :
1/ when tools bar is set at the top, surprisingly, it appears above the icons of the main menu : it is quite strange. The tools bar should be better under the icons of the menu. Ergonomically, you wait for the icons to appear just under the menu bar when you click. As the icons are now of a reasonable size, it would be great to give the ability to let them shown with a "v" button at the right of the menu line (as in Microsoft Office)
Tools bar set at the top :
Image without.jpg
Image without.jpg (23.26 KiB) Viewed 5019 times

When for instance you click on the first menu item, submenu with its icons appears under which is very surprinsing :
Image with.jpg
Image with.jpg (32.19 KiB) Viewed 5019 times

Thanks a lot for being receptive
BusTX

Post by BusTX »

I just updated to the latest version and I couldn't find the auto shutdown after profiles completed feature. Does anyone know where it has been moved?
Hi, it's in the burger menu (the 3 lines at the top-left of the window)->Preferences.
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

7chervet wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:51 am
Thanks for your reply. I hope these screenshots will explain the item 1/in my previous post :
Hi, we've made a fix and hopefully they'll be a new release tomorrow (or at least a beta).