Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Constructive feedback regarding v9

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Re: Constructive feedback regarding v9

Post by bhenshaw »

mickyj wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:36 am
The progress bar has had a major change, which I hope people will like. It's a lot like V8 now, but you can use even less space by having it drop down to just a single line.
@mickyj,

Again thanks for all the changes in 9.0.4.1. I do have a question. I don't seem to be getting the progress window any longer. I don't get any type of progress indication other than the text that displays at the bottom showing which files are being copied. What is the new progress bar supposed to look like? Is it still a window that pops out on the right? Is it just a bar like in v8?

Thanks,
Bill
bhenshaw
Expert
Expert

Post by bhenshaw »

@mickyj,

Not sure what happened, but now I see the progress bar just fine. I must have been blind before.

Thanks,
Bill
Ander

Post by Ander »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this—but on my system, at least, the "Modify" command is now missing from the context menu when you right-click a profile. Is it no longer possible to change existing profiles??
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Ander wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:20 am
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this—but on my system, at least, the "Modify" command is now missing from the context menu when you right-click a profile. Is it no longer possible to change existing profiles??
Hi, I think this is because your screen height is low, so it's removing menu items to reduce the pop-up menu height (so it can fit on the screen). As you've hidden the button panel (which has run, modify, etc) then this is obviously going to be a problem. Until the next release, you'll need to restore the button panel (via the burger menu->Preferences, at the top-left). Thanks
sbfpls

Post by sbfpls »

I just updated from V8.5.122.0 to V9.0.6.5 and in the main interface I lost all the previous info on the columns: last run, last successful run, result. It happened only to me? Any way to have them back?

Also sorry, but I can't see what "Slide out automatically" does. I read "If you don't want the progress to be displayed, switch off the option Slide out automatically", but still see no differences.

On Win10, on the "differences for profile" window when you select an item marked as "copy to destination" with a white background in the column Destination: you don't see the item name at all!
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

sbfpls wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:30 pm
I just updated from V8.5.122.0 to V9.0.6.5 and in the main interface I lost all the previous info on the columns: last run, last successful run, result. It happened only to me? Any way to have them back?
Sorry, no. With SyncBackFree, when upgrading to V9, the last run information is deleted. Of course if you run it again it will still be there.
Also sorry, but I can't see what "Slide out automatically" does. I read "If you don't want the progress to be displayed, switch off the option Slide out automatically", but still see no differences.
In V8, when you run a profile, the progress bars appear at the bottom. In V9, it's the same if the option "Slide out automatically" is enabled (which is the default). However, if you don't want to see the progress bars, and just the progress text, you can switch it to off (which comes into effect on the next run - we'll change this for the next release). You can also press the down/up arrow on that section to make the progress bars appear or not.
On Win10, on the "differences for profile" window when you select an item marked as "copy to destination" with a white background in the column Destination: you don't see the item name at all!
I can't reproduce this. Can you submit a support ticket with a screenshot? Thanks
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Having thought about this, I think I know what you're referring to. On the Differences window, if a file is only on one side (i.e. only in the source/left or destination/right, but not both) then when nothing is selected it shows the missing file in light grey text. If you select the entry then the filename is not shown (on the side it is missing from). This is to highlight to you that the file isn't there. It works exactly the same way in V8. If I've got it wrong, and that's not what you are referring to, please do submit a support ticket with a screenshot and details. Thanks!
sbfpls

Post by sbfpls »

mickyj wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:56 am
Having thought about this, I think I know what you're referring to. On the Differences window, if a file is only on one side (i.e. only in the source/left or destination/right, but not both) then when nothing is selected it shows the missing file in light grey text. If you select the entry then the filename is not shown (on the side it is missing from). This is to highlight to you that the file isn't there. It works exactly the same way in V8. If I've got it wrong, and that's not what you are referring to, please do submit a support ticket with a screenshot and details. Thanks!
Thanks for your previous reply.
Sorry for not posting an image right away!
I don't see the "light grey text" you wrote though, so I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.

By the way there is another thing I would like to say:
start a profile, switch to another program while SBF is still scanning, when the step of scanning source+destination is over the Differences Screen pops up and the icon of SBF on the tray bar of Windows becomes blinking orange (meaning it wants your attention), but after a couple of seconds it goes back to when it was scanning (flashing green, like it's still scanning), so if someone misses the quick orange flashing would still think this preliminary scan is not over yet.

Also about "Prompt to retry if a file is locked or cannot be copied": when this warning pops up the whole profile is stopped, while it would be good if it continued in the background if possible, in case the user is away from the pc for a while.

Thank you for everything.
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, I think you've got a source-only folder, so it's correct, but the text isn't grey. We'll fix it for the next release. If you switch to Windows10 style, for example, the text is obviously grey, so it's just an issue getting the correct colour to use based on the style.

For the icon, it flashes the same as V8 and previous, i.e. 6 seconds. We can't keep it flashing as that would drive people completely nuts. We already get people complaining about the notifications, which you can use as well.

For the prompt, I understand, but that's not an easy thing to do. Sounds simple, but we'd need to do quite a lot of work for that to work so I'll be honest and say that's unlikely to be implemented any time soon.

Thanks!
sbfpls

Post by sbfpls »

mickyj wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:27 am
Hi, I think you've got a source-only folder, so it's correct, but the text isn't grey. We'll fix it for the next release. If you switch to Windows10 style, for example, the text is obviously grey, so it's just an issue getting the correct colour to use based on the style.

For the icon, it flashes the same as V8 and previous, i.e. 6 seconds. We can't keep it flashing as that would drive people completely nuts. We already get people complaining about the notifications, which you can use as well.

For the prompt, I understand, but that's not an easy thing to do. Sounds simple, but we'd need to do quite a lot of work for that to work so I'll be honest and say that's unlikely to be implemented any time soon.

Thanks!
For the icon: on Win10 programs usually blink for a couple of seconds and then stay orange (without blinking); try opening a slow program and quickly switch to another window before the first program shows any GUI and you'll see it.
Thank you anyway.
tramp20
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by tramp20 »

since v9 SB does no longer remember (after PC start) size, position and last monitor (I have 3 monitors).
Hi, please submit a support ticket with details. I have two monitors and the positions & size are remembered. Thanks
sbfpls

Post by sbfpls »

Just a minor thing: copying a profile, the info on "last run" and "result" will also be copied, while they should be empty for a profile which was never run.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

sbfpls wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:03 am
Just a minor thing: copying a profile, the info on "last run" and "result" will also be copied, while they should be empty for a profile which was never run.
We've fixed this and will be included in the next release.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]