Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Public Holidays

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Wizard1
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Public Holidays

Post by Wizard1 »

How cool would it be if you could input public holidays (called bank holidays in UK and probably other names in other countries?) and have a schedule not try to run on this day, as in a lot of cases the office is closed and PC's shutdown. I hate having and seeing the errors on return from a general holiday. Obviously this would need to be switched on or off.

I note that 2BrightSparks do not answer to the forum, can I assume they at least read the forum?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Public Holidays

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Note that we do not have a scheduler in SyncBack. We rely on Windows Task Scheduler (WTS) to trigger our program on the scheduled date/time to run the tasks. When you create a Schedule within a profile, we are only providing a drill-down into the Windows Task Scheduler interface through our program settings interface to facilitate SyncBack users in the creation and configuration of a Scheduled Tasks.

Therefore, SyncBack > When > Edit Schedule settings page display options that are supported by the Windows Task Scheduler. Since there is no option in the task scheduler to input public holidays, its not supported in SyncBack.

Thank you for your understanding.
Wizard1
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Public Holidays

Post by Wizard1 »

Gee what a pity, you must admit it would be a nice feature to have this available, especially for someone like me, that likes everything in place and seeing the errors after a public holiday is messy and in my case takes a week to clear. Maybe its time to build your own scheduler? :D