Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SB Pro v9 misses (cannot see?) files

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
potro809

SB Pro v9 misses (cannot see?) files

Post by potro809 »

I've been using SB Pro successfully for years now, so I was surprised when my sync profile stopped detecting all files in some directories. Not file modification times, size, etc... but all the files. I.e., when I ran the sync on 4 September, all was well. When I ran the sync on 5 September, SBPro thought that the entire source directory was empty, but it was not empty. I updated to version 9.0.9.14, and I saw the same problem. Please see screenshots.

Thanks so much!
Attachments
sync result cannot see the folders in the source...
sync result cannot see the folders in the source...
sb result.png (28.78 KiB) Viewed 4398 times
screenshot of the two directories (source/destination)
screenshot of the two directories (source/destination)
directory differences.png (39.93 KiB) Viewed 4398 times
setup of sync profile
setup of sync profile
profile setup.png (55.66 KiB) Viewed 4398 times
potro809

Re: SB Pro v9 misses (cannot see?) files

Post by potro809 »

Quick update: The O Drive in question is a OneDrive For Business drive, which I've mounted as a new drive. I get the same behavior going directly to the OneDrive folder.
SBPro is, however, working on 'standard' drives such as C. So perhaps it's OneDrive? As I noted, this profile had been working fine until a few days ago, so I'm not sure what would have changed...
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: SB Pro v9 misses (cannot see?) files

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please un-tick the option "Ignore NTFS junction points (reparse points)" from: Modify profile > Expert > Compare Options > Attribute settings page and rerun the profile run to see if it works?

Thank you
potro809

Re: SB Pro v9 misses (cannot see?) files (in mounted drives / junction points)

Post by potro809 »

@Swapna: Thank you so much. That resolved the problem. I'm still confused as to what caused the change, but I'm grateful to have my syncing operating again.
Best regards!