Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to keep filestamps of folders (NOT only files)?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pstein
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

How to keep filestamps of folders (NOT only files)?

Post by pstein »

In my profile (of SBSEv8) I enabled the option

Expert--->Copy/Delete--->Advanced--->Copy file creation date & times

As I found out only the timestamps of the files were copied and NOT those of folders.

How can I tell SB-SE to copy timestamps of folder as well?

How can I now (with new timestamps of folders) "repair" the folder timestamps (=adjust them to the original timestamps)?

By the way: "Copy file creation date & times" is misleading. Not only the timestamp for creation time is copied but for modification time as well.

Peter
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: How to keep filestamps of folders (NOT only files)?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

We have a non-default option in SyncBackSE to copy the Created date/time stamps of folders, which is under:
Modify profile > Expert mode > Copy/Delete > Folders > 'Copy sub-directory attributes and creation date (only when new directories are created)'

However, this option must be in force before/at the time the new copy was created (but it can't update the creation date/time stamps for already copied folders). There is no option to set the last modified date/time stamp of folders.

Thank you
pstein
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: How to keep filestamps of folders (NOT only files)?

Post by pstein »

Meanwhile I tried it and found out that ONLY the CREATION timestamp of folders is copied and NOT the LAST MODIFIED timestamp.

How can copy the "last modified" timestamp of folders as well?

If I remember it well then SyncBack v6.5 provided such a feature.

Why was this removed in later versions?

Peter