Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Versioning...?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
bigtpsharrks

Versioning...?

Post by bigtpsharrks »

I did not see versioning info in the settings/prefs. This page suggests there are such settings https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/ ... rsionskept

This forum had no search button until I logged in. I looked all around for it. If you are going to require logon for search, say so by linking the search button to the logon.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Versioning...?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Versioning is only available in SyncBackSE and SyncBackPro (not supported in SyncBackFree). If you do not own a copy of SyncBackPro/SE and wish to test it's functions, you are welcome to try our fully functional SyncBack, which we offer a free 30-day evaluation.

https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe
https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe

If you do decide to purchase, the serial number will convert the 'trial' to the 'registered' version.

Thank you
bigtpsharrks

Post by bigtpsharrks »

This is bad.

A free version should tempt the tester with PRO features. I looked through the settings several times, RTFM, looked through settings again... you failed to provide required information. And you have forum search challenges. Your resume has been moved to the bottom of the stack.
mike.c.carroll
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by mike.c.carroll »

Hello bigtpsharrks,

Instead of blaming tech support for your failure to do more research; here is a detailed comparison of the different versions and their features.
There is a reason why there are paid vs. free versions. You can't get everything for free. I've used a lot of backup & synchronization programs in my 20+ years of being a Systems Administrator. I personally use SyncBack Pro and have for about 11 years now. It is one of the best in terms of features, flexibility, stability, & cost.

https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/compare.html

Cheers!

-Mike
bigtpsharrks

Post by bigtpsharrks »

Instead of blaming tech support
Let's be proactive here.

Suggestion: Pro features should remain visible (grayed out) in the product.
Suggestion: Documentation should clearly state what versions of the product apply.
Suggestion: The forum search should be grayed out with a link to logon.

I have not requested free tools.
I have not blamed anyone.

This thread is open for anyone who had similar issues looking for features and info which is not where it should be.
If you disagree, fine, but do not misstate the OP.
mike.c.carroll
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by mike.c.carroll »

Hello bigtpsharrks,

From the SyncBack Free manual:

"Versioning is only available in SyncBackSE and SyncBackPro. For a description of versioning see the section What Is Versioning below. Versioning cannot be used (on the destination) when compressing to a single Zip file, or when doing a backup to an email server."

I was able to find this pretty quickly in the manual as well as the comparison of features link. The option may not be grayed out in the application on the free version but I would think that if you were having issues with it you could've checked the user's guide. The above text that I copied is from the very 1st section in the freeware user's guide when searching on 'versioning'

I guess you may need to read a little more carefully . . . !
bigtpsharrks

Post by bigtpsharrks »

Again. This page on versioning does not state what versions are compatible.
https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/ ... ioning.htm

I've been clear, yet you persist in this nonsense. Move along.
mike.c.carroll
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by mike.c.carroll »

Hello bigtpsharrks,

Yes I do persist; because I've been a Systems Administrator for 20+ years now. I do this because I like to solve puzzles problems & help people where I can. Yes, in the link you provided there is only one reference to SyncBack Pro but myself being curious; I loaded up SyncBack Free v9.08.12 Portable (no-install) & set up a test profile and looked through the options. After checking through all of the profile / application options in each of the tabs & double-checking; I could find no reference of versioning in any section; either in the 'simple' or 'expert' mode.

In the Pro version on the profile set up; there is an dedicated tab to configure the options for how many versions you want saved & where.

Thinking logically, & knowing there are different versions of Free, SE, and Pro; I would've deduced read through the section on versioning and/or the comparisons of features for the different versions. All of which I've linked to you. Sorry to sound rude; but I guess you're too dense to admit where you're wrong, not doing enough research, and/or expecting the Pro version & features for free.

2BrightSparks tech support linked you the versions where you could test it out and then decide to buy a license. Quite honestly, $ 55 for a application that has as many features & stability that SyncBackPro has is a small price to pay. I've even purchased 3 years of software assurance with my licenses because I see the value in their software & know that it takes resources, people & money to develop software & the tech support to assist other.

We're just trying to help you; you need to admit you're wrong & move on. I'm done trying to help you as you just don't get it . . . Hopefully someday you'll learn how to use Google too.

Cheers,

Mike