Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to Backup single file adding date-time stamp at PC start?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
sbwul
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

How to Backup single file adding date-time stamp at PC start?

Post by sbwul »

I'd like to backup a specific file each time at pc start automatically, e.g. by having an entry in Windows Task Scheduler.
Also I would like to have date-time stamp added to the filename, or a seq#
and last but not least, if possible, keep only the last 3 files so I don't end up having a hundred files or so.

Windows 10 x64 (1909)
SyncBack Pro v9.2.12.0

Can this be done?

Thanks!
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: How to Backup single file adding date-time stamp at PC start?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,
I'd like to backup a specific file each time at pc start automatically, e.g. by having an entry in Windows Task Scheduler.
There is an option in SyncBackPro to run a profile automatically when a user login to Windows, which is under:
Modify > Expert > When > Login/Logout > tick the option 'Run this profile when I login to Windows'

This option creates a schedule task in Windows task scheduler with the trigger 'At logon of username\computername' to run the profile automatically when the user is logged-in.
Also I would like to have date-time stamp added to the filename, or a seq#
This can be achieved if you backup source files to a single zip file on destination and add %DATE% variable to the zip filename. For example: if your Destination zip file is \MyBackup\Backup.zip then you can add the %DATE% variable as \MyBackup\Backup_%DATE%.zip to your destination filename. Then SyncBack creates a new zip file with the current date in the filename (\MyBackup\Backup_20-11-2019.zip") on the destination and performs a full Backup of your data to that zip file. Please read this article for the procedure to enable single zip compression in SyncBack:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/resources ... ption.html
And last but not least, if possible, keep only the last 3 files so I don't end up having a hundred files or so.
You need to create a HouseKeeping profile to delete older files from destination. Read this forum post for additional details:
viewtopic.php?t=11761&p=45310#p45310

Thank you
sbwul
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: How to Backup single file adding date-time stamp at PC start?

Post by sbwul »

Ah, right!

Many thanks indeed!

I'll have to check this out. Hopefully it'll work.
Again many thanks.