Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Problem with dialy zip

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
fedecuryk

Problem with dialy zip

Post by fedecuryk »

Hello everyone!

I have a problem that i don't know how to solve it.

I want a dialy backup in zip, that everyday of the month create a zip with the files, thats ok. But what is happening that the new file backup, what it does is put the new files in the old zip, instead of overwriting the old zip file, understand?

Anyone know how can i make this?

Thanks!
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Problem with dialy zip

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

SyncBack (by default) copies only new/changed files from source to destination without overwriting unchanged files. So, if you want SyncBack to copy all files (in each run), then the only way is to delete all files on destination and recopy again. There is an option to do this under:
Modify > Expert > Copy/Delete > Advanced > Delete ALL the files and folders in destination/right before scanning for changes

Note that there is another option ‘Delete ALL the files and folders in source/left before scanning for changes’ in the same settings. If you enable this option then SyncBack will delete all files on the Source side. Therefore, you should be extremely careful with this option as you could very easily delete all your files. Read the help file for more details about the option.

Thank you.
fedecuryk

Re: Problem with dialy zip

Post by fedecuryk »

Hi Swapna, thanks for your response.

Ok right, but the problem of that is that i have 30 zip files, one from every day. So, if i don't understand wrong, if i enable that all zips is going to delete, and i need only the zip with the same name delete.

Sorry for my english!

Thanks.