Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup files added/modified since last Syncback run

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
hartlenb
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Backup files added/modified since last Syncback run

Post by hartlenb »

Is there any way to backup files from the source based on the date & time they were added or modified? I'd like to ONLY backup photos from OneDrive that are new or modified since the last run of Syncback Pro.

Thanks!!
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Backup files added/modified since last Syncback run

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You can configure SyncBackPro to ignore files based on their Last modification (or creation) date/time stamps and copy the remaining files to destination.

You can configure the option:
Ignore files that [have/have not]
been modified and/or created [within the last] XX [seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years] OR [since] [calendar date][calendar time]

under:

Modify Profile > Expert Mode > Compare Options > Date & Time settings page

By tweaking the settings [have/have not] in combination with [within the last/since], you would be able to set conditions to ignore (or only look for) files that were (or not) modified within a certain date range, e.g. within the last x days, or since January 1st 2004 (example).

I suggest reading the Help file for more details. With Compare Options settings page opened, press F1 to open the contextual Help file for more details.

You can setup the condition based on the Last Modified and/or Creation date properties of the file and exclude/ignore files that are not required. If both modification and creation date are turned on, then a file will be ignored if either condition is satisfied. Bear in mind files can have different Creation and Last Modified date stamps.

Finally, you can perform Simulated Runs and check the Differences window closely and modify the configuration to suit your requirement.

Thank you
hartlenb
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by hartlenb »

Thanks Swapna. Is there a way that I can check for files created since the last successful log runtime?

I think the variables %STARTTIME2% and %PROFILEFAILED% would let me determine the condition I want so I could save the last successful run, but I don't see that Syncback supports any kind of logic. I thinking of something simple like:
  • After every run set the date of the last successful run into a variable: If %PROFILEFAILED% = 0 then CheckDateValue = %STARTTIME2%
  • During every run set compare option as: Ignore files that have not been created since CheckDateValue
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry not supported.

Thank you