Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

What are "collisions"? 7 Critical Errors!

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
markfleener
Experienced
Experienced

What are "collisions"? 7 Critical Errors!

Post by markfleener »

The run to mirror two external USB drive (same kind) failed giving me a "critical error" message saying that 7 files couldn't be copied, deleted, or compressed. Then it took me to the following link showing 6 collisions. I don't know how to make sense of any of the info there or what to do...

file:///C:/Users/markf/AppData/Local/2BrightSparks/SyncBackFree/Logs/Backup%20Drive%20Mirroring_Log_Page1.html

Could it be that file names are too long? Or maybe it can't make the edits I made to the original drive for some reason? I remember changing the names of some folders, I think, maybe some files too.
markfleener
Experienced
Experienced

Re: What are "collisions"? 7 Critical Errors!

Post by markfleener »

It's on Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1903 on Alienware 15R4 with SyncBackFree V9.2.30.0
markfleener
Experienced
Experienced

Post by markfleener »

ERRORS

8:00:31 PM D:\found.000\ Scan failed (5): Access is denied
8:00:31 PM D:\found.001\ Scan failed (5): Access is denied
8:00:31 PM D:\found.002\ Scan failed (5): Access is denied
8:00:31 PM D:\found.003\ Scan failed (5): Access is denied
8:00:31 PM D:\found.004\ Scan failed (5): Access is denied
8:00:31 PM D:\found.005\ Scan failed (5): Access is denied
8:00:31 PM D:\found.006\ Scan failed (5): Access is denied

I did find the 6 files it had a problem with and it's no big issue, can probably do without them, but what's the problem anyway?
markfleener
Experienced
Experienced

Post by markfleener »

Okay, so I transferred the files it was having a problem with manually and tried running the mirror profile again. It's still coming up with 7 critical errors that I copy/pasted in the above comment.
markfleener
Experienced
Experienced

Post by markfleener »

Apparently, i was wrong about what files it was having a problem with. How do I find out what's causing this problem?
markfleener
Experienced
Experienced

Post by markfleener »

I figured it out. I had to set the view options on Windows 10 to show protected system files. Then I was able to delete all the file Syncback was having problems with. I'm not sure where they came from, but everything seems to be fine now that they're gone.