Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Failed to scan files: The user aborted the request to insert a new disk (or no InsertDisk event was implemented). (517)

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
testo

Failed to scan files: The user aborted the request to insert a new disk (or no InsertDisk event was implemented). (517)

Post by testo »

hi

when i try to run my profile i have this error on scanning:
profile was fine before and i didnt change anything. what is the issue? it's simple backup folder to zip file. never had problem with it untill few days ago. i'll be happy to see some help because otherwise i will have to switch to some other software and i dont want to do that :)
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Failed to scan files: The user aborted the request to insert a new disk (or no InsertDisk event was implemented). (5

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

I suggest testing the profile run with SyncBackPro/SE version and see if it works? If the problem persists, submit a support ticket to [email protected] for investigation.

If you do not own a copy of SyncBackPro/SE V9 and wish to test it's functions, you are welcome to try our fully functional SyncBack, which we offer a free 30-day evaluation.

SyncBackPro:
http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe

SyncBackSE:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe

Thank you.
testo

Re: Failed to scan files: The user aborted the request to insert a new disk (or no InsertDisk event was implemented). (5

Post by testo »

hi thanks for response. i did what u suggested. its a bug in all versions of syncback.
testo

Post by testo »

new versions still contain this bug. anyone care?

regards
syncwow

Post by syncwow »

Hi,

Same here with version 9.3.11.
How to solve this please ?
Thanks

Best regards
sagetone

Post by sagetone »

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Been using Syncback SE for many years and just started seeing this error in the last couple weeks. I'm running V8.9.15.0 (64-bit).

I have 14 total profiles. Only 1 is causing me this problem. I submitted a ticket to 2brightsparks and their response back was pretty brief. No factory support since this is not V9, and no referral to this forum.

This failing profile is very similar to 2 other profiles which are running fine. (These 3 profiles are backing up a large audio sample library drive).

It looks like there is no resolution to this in this forum, other than, "it's a bug". What's odd, though, is that is was working fine until just recently. No changes on my end, no changes to the profile parameters, etc.

Has anyone had any luck in resolving this?

Thank you,

Todd