Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Hunting a bug on ftp transfers

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
jlmontero

Hunting a bug on ftp transfers

Post by jlmontero »

Hi,

I've got a remote and rather old NAS which I access through FTP to backup some personal files.

The thing is that Syncback is THE ONLY app I've found capable of transferring files to this ftp keeping modification date/time. I know is this quite difficult, and more with old embeded ftp servers... But if I configure Syncback with WeOnlyDo FTP engine AND to do safe copies, it somehow is able to keep modification date/time. With any other combination, I doesn't keep them. I'm quite curious about this, but this is not the problem.

My problem is that this combination is no stable. Every now and then, always while transferring files to remote ftp, after some docens o ok transfers, SyncbackPro just closes. No errors in app or windows system logs. App log (both regular and debug one) just cuts out.

I've tested 32 & 64 bit versions. Same thing...

I don't attach log, as I've told you it doesn't throw any error.

What could I try? I've tested disabling safe copies and it doesn't crash. I've also tested changing ftp engine to SmartFTP & Eldos, and it doesn't crash... But doing either I lose keeping modification date/time, which I want... :(
jlmontero

Re: Hunting a bug on ftp transfers

Post by jlmontero »

Sorry. Forgot to add that it's happening with some v9 versions I've tested, including the last 9.3.3.0.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you generate/submit a support zip with debug logs of the profile run to [email protected] for investigation. Full instructions for creating and submitting the support zip are given here:
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335603

If your Zip is over 20MB, contact us for alternate instructions, advising the actual size. Do not try to attach to the ticket!

Do not post (nor links to) Support Zips on this open forum.

Thank you.
jlmontero

Post by jlmontero »

I'll do it!

I just wanted to do some previous investigation here, but there's no problem. I'll prepare debug log.